SYDNEY METRO WEST –
WESTERN TUNNELLING PACKAGE (WTP)
VFT Engineering Surveyors is a proud contributor to the Sydney Metro West project, led by the NSW Government. This initiative will revolutionise Sydney’s transportation by introducing a new underground metro railway, doubling the rail capacity between Greater Parramatta and the Sydney CBD, with travel times reduced to approximately 20 minutes.
Sydney Metro West aims to offer world-class metro services to more communities. Laing O’Rourke and Gamuda Australia Consortium were awarded the AUD$2.16 billion contract to design and build the Sydney Metro West – Western Tunnelling Package. Key project components include:
- Australia’s first autonomous tunnel boring machines will be used to build nine kilometres of twin tunnels from Sydney Olympic Park to Westmead
- Excavation for a services facility and crossover structure at Rosehill to allow provision for fresh air ventilation and emergency egress
- Excavation of connecting tunnels, junction caverns and tunnel portal from the Clyde dive site
- Earthworks, retaining structures, drainage and utilities corridor for the Clyde Stabling and Maintenance Facility
- Excavation and civil works for Parramatta and Westmead metro stations
- A segment manufacturing facility at Eastern Creek constructing over 60,000 segments to line the twin tunnels
HOW ARE VFT HELPING?
VFT Engineering Surveyors is committed to delivering a cutting-edge transportation solution. Our mission is to enhance Greater Sydney’s connectivity and accessibility, making a difference in the heart of the city.