M6 – STAGE 1
VFT Engineering Surveyors proudly supports the M6 Motorway Enhancement Project, formerly known as the F6 Extension. This vital program of works is designed to enhance connectivity to the southern regions of Sydney and will be executed in three distinct stages.
The first stage of this transformative endeavor features the creation of continuous twin tunnels, establishing a seamless connection from the New M5 at Arncliffe to President Avenue at Kogarah. Some of the key elements encompassed in this phase include:
- North- and south-bound tunnels spanning approximately 4 kilometers in length.
- A tunnel portal at Brighton-Le-Sands, facilitating entry and exit ramps at an expanded President Avenue.
- Stub tunnels dedicated to future connections with the southern segment of the M6 Extension.
- Upgrades to the President Avenue and Princes Highway intersection.
- Implementation of essential secondary infrastructure and operational facilities.
- The incorporation of pedestrian and cycle pathways.
It is imperative to highlight that this approved project holds immense significance at the state level, classified as State Significant Infrastructure (SSI) and officially declared as critical state-significant infrastructure.
HOW ARE VFT HELPING?
VFT Engineering Surveyors is dedicated to contributing to the successful realisation of this vital transportation initiative for the benefit of Sydney’s residents and visitors alike.