KUNDABUNG TO KEMPSEY UPGRADE
North of Barry’s Creek near Kundabung to the southern end of the Kempsey bypass
Roads and Maritime Services is upgrading the Pacific Highway from north of Barry’s Creek near Kundabung to the southern end of the Kempsey bypass. The project is jointly funded by the Federal and New South Wales Governments.
The $165 million upgrade will provide 13.7 km of upgraded highway and includes:
- Twin bridges over Smiths Creek, twin bridges over Pipers Creek, an overbridge at Kundabung Road and a northbound bridge over Stumpy Creek
- A grade separated interchange at Kundabung Road
- About six kilometres of local service roads
- Northbound and southbound rest areas at Mingaletta
- A heavy vehicle inspection bay
Roads and Maritime has contracted McConnell Dowell-OHL JV to construct the Kundabung to Kempsey upgrade. Construction began in September 2014 with completion expected in July 2017, weather permitting.